Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Halo 4 and other video game news:

Oh E3. The joys you bring upon gamers, with your new-fangled contraptions and introductions to games which we will be biting at our nails to play for the months which follow. What have you brought us this year? Well so far, quite-a-freakin' bit.

So there's that video I mentioned in my first post.

So there's that, the Halo 4 teaser trailer, which is fairly impressive. But it makes me think, where did he get the jet pack? And the pistol (with attatchment)? I guess I can suspend belief for this though, it is a teaser trailer, and the whole point of those is to impress us. So i'll let it slide, but the game better not start out with me propelling out of hyper sleep all rearin' to go. Because hey, that's just unrealistic.

Other Halo news includes the release of the newly remaster and remade Halo: Combat Evoled Anniversary. Check it:

Shiny.

I personally am looking forward to this more than Halo 4. Mostly because I never had a chance to play the original Halo, or Halo 2 for that matter. So this should be fun to see where it all began in shiny HD.

But what other news from E3 is worth knowing?

Wii U

Yup, the new console from Nintendo is on it's way and man... They're good with this whole making shit we've never seen before thing. The new console seems like it will be on par with the PS3 and Xbox 360 when it comes to specs, which isn't really surprising... But what is surprising is the controller:

whaaat.
Yes that is a touch screen controller. And yes my mind is almost as blown as (insert sexual innuendo here). The controller and console combination seems to have a pretty decent amount of potential for new kinds of games and new ways to implement the tech. Hopefully, Nintendo will focus more on the real gamers for this console, instead of focusing so much on the casual gaming industry. Cause we definitely need more casual games. 

*shivers*
It's not really known what the new console will look like, the only images I could find were of what I think is the prototype:


This could be the real thing, but hell if I know...

"So tell me more!! What else does E3 have in store for me?" You might be asking. Well I'm kind of tired so I'll save that for another post.

Anyway, hope this keeps you interested! What're your thoughts on the new Nintendo console? On Halo? On anything? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment