Monday, June 6, 2011

A little substance:

Any self respecting blog should have at least 2 posts right? Well I think so. So here's another post damnit.

DUBSTEP.


I don't know how many of you have heard about this style of music, and frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. The point is: I LOVE THIS S***.

I've been listening to it quite a bit lately and have even subscribed to a podcast for it. (UKF Music Podcast, for those who are interested.) The thing I love about it is that it just so obviously doesn't give 2 craps about basic musical structure and sound. I mean sure, there's a decent amount of melodical dub floating around, but the majority of people who love it usually describe it as: "nasty", "sick", "gross", "fat", etc... It can be mind-numbingly loud and the bass will make you crap yourself, so it obviously takes someone with some kind of mental issue to really love it.

I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE.

WARNING: 
This video gets a tad graphic, watch at own expense.

These are not those people.

It's tough to get into, but once you've fallen for it, it's like a un-ending tub of really loud fudge. You just can't stop no matter how much it makes your eardrums hate you. 

So for any of you who want to give it a shot, or for anyone who already loves this s***, here are some fresh samples to try out:













Yes that's a lot to handle, but so worth it. I'll tell you, this stuff has invaded my life. Ask any one of my friends what kind of music I like, and chances are that they'll sigh and say "dubstep", among others of course. Once you're hooked, finding new dubstep is like an adventure, and you'll start to notice it everywhere. You'll think to yourself, "Hmm how can I make this song WOMP so hard that my neighbors will cry?", and chances are, there's already remixes of some of your favorite songs out there so you can wet your feet a little before jumping into the torrential stream of mother-loving terror that is... Wait for it... DUBSTEP.

Sorry for the ridiculous amount of caps in this post, I felt it was needed.
And special props goes out to youtube on this one... So many videos....

No comments:

Post a Comment